Wednesday, January 28, 2009

THE WORST SPANISH TEACHER EVER-MS. CANNELL!

What does make a good teacher? We all have our own ideas and answer to this question. I can tell you what I think about subject. Teachers come in all shapes and sizes some are mean and strict some are layed back and nice some are even strict and nice. My kids have had all types Some I have loved and known that they have loved my kids some I will be honest I have hated right along with my kids. Mostly my kids have had good teachers - you have more one on one contact with them when your kids are little not so much as they get older. You may be asking what is Kimber going on and on about? Well all my kids go to Syracuse Jr. High ok not all of them but 4 out of 6 of them. Now mostly we have had good luck with teachers but poor Taylor has had some bad luck 1st she gets stuck last year with the WORST SPANISH TEACHER EVER! MS. CANNELL and we all suffer through her class last year but then yet again we get stuck with her AGAIN! Now I thought maybe some of it was in Taylor's head about how she was but then I had to meet her once and then I understood what Taylor was talking about. Even though we didn't like her last year Taylor came out on top in the class this year has been more of a struggle not that Taylor has had trouble in Spanish 2 most days but she just doesn't like Taylor or any of her friends. At the end of the term I kept watching her grade and it just kept getting worse not understanding it -cause when I looked at the scores online they where all in the A range so why such a poor grade? When I emailed her teacher she informs me that Taylor was either late or absent from her class or talking so she deducts from her participation grade so that is why she had a low grade! Are you kidding me? So my kid is late or absent so we are going to give her a low grade? I can understand the talking but not really -- talking should go toward citizenship - (which i think that is a total joke also - i could careless if my kid is late to class) but anyway Ms. Cannell and I went round and round on this matter - then I find out the other girl who was talking has a higher p. grade than Taylor even though they where both talking - so we go round and round again -- She emailed me at one point and said"why didn't you email me back" i responded by saying "Cause I don't agree with how you grade it is stupid- she has a "A" in your class but because she has been late 3 times and absent 2 times you are wanting to give her a "D"!
Don't get me wrong I don't think Taylor is perfect or any of my kids but I do think calling a spade a spade- I will go to bat for my kids if I think they are getting taken and Ms. Cannell was totally taking Taylor why because she is popular and likes to talk sometimes? Because she is not a nerd? I know how that sounds but I do mean it in a nice way - Plus Ms. Cannell has them do the stupidest assignments I have ever seen she had the kids take pictures of themselves stuffing grapes in their months and then bring the pics to her! What purpose does that serve? What does that have to do with teaching my kid Spanish 2? I tried to get her out of Cannells class for this next term but then she would have been in a class with over 40 students so Taylor just decided to suffer through again. All I have to say is Taylor's report card came out and she ended up with a B+ so I can live with that even though I think she should have got an "A" Even Stoddard was up in arms over this whole thing and for him to get involved you know she was whacked! All I can say is if anyone has any kids that go to Syracuse Jr. don't take Spanish from Ms. Cannell SHE IS THE WORST SPANISH TEACHER EVER!!

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I hate bad teachers! One of my kids had a teacher in jr. high that told them they couldn't raise their grade from an A- to an A by doing extra credit, only the kids who were getting bad grades could raise their grades. Didn't make sense to me. Luckily they ended up getting an A anyway.

Kallie said...

I can relate, but ours is an elementary teacher. A few neighbors tried to warn us to get Ashtyn transferred out of his class at the beginning of the year. He treats the 5th graders like they are in High School. I am not excited for my kids to be in Junior High.

Taylor Mariee said...

HAIL TO THE YEAH!!